Sunday, October 18, 2009

i'm tired

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/deeper-walk/blog/18644-heavy-laden-at-a-party

Come to me all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30)

Do i trust in His yoke?

Am i able to come to Him?

Is my view of God big enough to trust that I will find rest, that His burden is light, that I can solely depend and lean on Him?

I'm scared of the pain, the hurt, I want to be protected from all of it, I want my friends to be protected from all of it but that is not what is promised.

But there will be a day when there is no more pain and no more tears.

I want that day to come now.

1 comment:

  1. i'm looking forward to that day! no more pain, no more sorrow.

    oh! the promises to hold onto :)

    "but those who hope in the LORD
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint."
    -isaiah 40:31.

    ReplyDelete