Thursday, May 27, 2010

trust

"He was going to teach us trust by exemplifying trust. Instead of communicating a lack of confidence to us, God the Father chose to share His Son' mission with us. He made us partners in the family business!...He is modeling trust so that we trust back...God is willing to take the time to win our hearts by treating us nobly. He really trusts us." - Becoming Who God Intended

:'( I am so sorry God for not trusting you. I'm sorry that I am struggling with this. I'm sad that I am struggling with this. I am so happy that you are patient with me. I am humbled by your love to me and your affection to me.

Thank you Daddy for your love to me and how you see me and value me. Thank you for trusting me and adopting me as your son and treating me as an adult. May I respond properly and take care of my responsibilities.

"I am not the sum total of my past. I am the sum total of who God tells me I am. The responsibility of the person who is in that Third Family Group [dysfunctional or stressed family] is to exercise real faith in how God sees us and value us." - Becoming Who God Intended

Thank you for your work in me Lord. I've been a grown up for a long time officially but I haven't been acting like one. I haven't been acting like an adult, not wanting to really grow up. Thank you for humbling me and being oh so patient with me. You trust me because You really do love me and trust me and You are patiently waiting for me to respond to your affection w/ affection, to your love w/ love, to your trust w/ trust, and so on. You are amazing Lord. I love you so much. May I learn more about You and not only trust you but trust others esp. your other sons and daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment