Tuesday, June 16, 2009

one year

wow...it's been a year since I got on a plane to Hawaii for the Epic Hawaii Summer Project of '08.
Been through so much since then and God has showed and taught me many things in this past year. it's been for sure a trip, especially on project but for some reason, i dont know what i'm feeling. but one thing is for sure, I'm hecka being reflective right now and only one thing comes out, God is freaking amazing and good.

These are just some things God taught me on that trip and this past school year:
- I was bitter against my parents especially my dad
- I needed to learn how to give grace to my parents and to others
- I need to see and accept both the good and the bad of people.
- Learned to tell the truth and give grace to my parents ( and the results have been amazing)
- Trust that God is in control of things and that His will is good, pleasing, and perfect
- God doesn't need me to do His work cuz He can do so much better.
- When God does use me, it's such a privilege
- God is working in people's lives with or without me.
- God has already planned all my good works for Him
- I still need to take the 1st step to get to know people and be the one that is vulnerable first
- My love languages affect my relationship w/ God a lot more than I thought.

Man, there are so many things but above all, I learned bout the power of grace and just how big God really is.

Hawaii was amazing, project was amazing, my ohana is amazing, but nothing compares to God and what He had planned for me for this whole past year exclamating my experience last summer. I thank God for all of this, and I thank for those who supported me to Hawaii, and I thank my ohana and my friends who were a part of this past year, walking with me and for being there. I miss you my ohana, the graduates, and my Davis Epic community and I thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. wait a minute... did you start this blog on the anniversary of project, too?! crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete