Sunday, July 12, 2009

the search for significance

i just finished reading the book called "the search for significance" by robert s. McGee

it is such an amazing book when read with the workbook and also a heart to not just to get through it but to examine oneself also.

man, who knew 4 small truths can be so big!

I am completely forgiven and fully pleasing to God
I am totally accepted by God
I am deeply loved by God
I am absolutely complete in Christ


the two that hit me the most are the 1st two. that I am completely forgiven and fully pleasing to God and totally accepted by God.

it just feels so free-ing being affirmed in these two again. i've lived a performance based life for so long it's so hard to give up those performance based habits of feeling good of myself when i meet certain standards or when people approve of me.

but that is so wrong. there is no standard to God being pleased with me, He is already fully pleased with me and that is enough. I do not need people to be pleased with me although i do struggle with this. esp. with my dad. oh how i long for him to be completely pleased with me.

i also don't need people to approve of me because God accepts completely and He has made me acceptable. that is enough.

this also means, I don't have to be scared of meeting new people. i'm usually scared to open up and meet new people b/c I'm scared of being hurt, of being rejected. but b/c I am accepted by God and He loves me and I am complete in Him and I am pleasing to Him, I don't have to be scared.

so i pray I am to be bold from now on. and I am able to trust on God and lean on Him. that I am able to be assured in Him, in the fact that He accepts me, He is pleased, He loves, and He completed me and not on people's opinions and not on my performance.

2 comments:

  1. AHHH YOU HAVE A BLOG! i totally didn't know that! :) hehe but i'm glad i could read this, it was really encouraging to read about your thoughts and how you are able to keep the Lord in your mind and heart. :) continue to pursue Him! and i will pray for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people have lived and continue to pursue a life based on performance, approval and self-worth. Truly our worth, our confidence and all that we do does matter to God who loves us beyond our capacity to fathom. In Him alone, we find our significance, our purpose, our reason for living life fully and abundantly.

    ReplyDelete